Saturday 11 October 2008

Friction burns

Regular blog readers (bleeders?) will no doubt be waiting for news on my latest injury.  Well, you may be disappointed but I'm pleased to say that I've had a good week as far as training was concerned.  A bit interrupted by events - my 'proper' long Sunday run became a Saturday run because of Standalone, and my 'half' long Wednesday run became a solo effort from the club on Tuesday because I was away with work for a couple of days.  Finally, we're going on holiday today (yay! a week buzzing around on a canal near Birmingham!), so I had to squeeze in another long run on Friday night.  So now I'm very much bored of running around Hitchin, Letchworth and Baldock in the dark, but I'm sure my hips, knees and calves will stop aching if I only leave them alone for a little while.

And with 3 weeks to go until the New York marathon, I've passed the peak of my long training in any case.  Although, as my coach reminded me, that just means I've got to do 16 miles next weekend instead of 22.  Perhaps it'll feel like a short run.

Oh all right, injury-addicts, I have got a new one for you (and a new one on me):  When I came back from the run last night I had an unusual chafing pain.  No need to be squeamish, it was my knees.  It appears I'm getting so tired, and my running style getting so poor, that my knees are starting to rub together.  Rubbish.

No comments: