Tuesday 28 October 2008

Catching up and looking forward

I've not written here for a couple of weeks, so here's a quick catch-up: the holiday on the canal boat was very relaxing.  I only went running a couple of times that week, which was probably taking tapering a bit too far, but should certainly have served as a recovery.

Immediately after the holiday was the ball.  With our old venue being turned into a Travelodge, we'll hopefully use Letchworth Hall Hotel more in future.  It worked very well (the food especially!).

I tried going for a long(ish) run the day after the ball.  Then wished I hadn't.  Half way round I ran out of energy, so there was a lot of walking involved.  Not the best confidence boost for a couple of weeks before a marathon.  (But with a good excuse.)

I didn't have a good excuse to skip last week's Tuesday speed session.  It was 2 x 3 miles, and if left to my own devices I'd probably have done a 6-mile run anyway.  It made me look forward to the time - hopefully soon - when I'm recovered from the marathon and back to training with everyone else.  It was fun to try and keep up with Statto and Ollie, and now James is back from his mountaineering expedition he'll be back in the group too.  Although (for injury fans) I was a bit concerned that I was pushing my calf muscles a bit too hard... hopefully all this means is that my real injury has recovered now, and I'm just getting paranoid about anything else going wrong at the last minute.

No comments: